Expert Drywall Repair
Accidents happen, but repairing drywall doesn’t have to be one of them!
Hodges Residential Services offers quick and easy repair for all your drywall needs – big or small. We understand that accidents happen, so we’re here to help get your home back in order as quickly as possible.
Drywall is a material used to finish interior walls and ceilings. It is made of panels of gypsum plaster pressed between two thick sheets of paper. Drywall is also known as plasterboard, wallboard, or gypsum board.
Drywall can be damaged by water, impact, or other forces. If your drywall is damaged, it is important to repair it as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
The process to repair drywall seems relatively simple and can be completed relatively short time but for the inexperienced then this can be the beginning of an arduous and expensive project:
1. Remove any loose or damaged drywall using a putty knife or other sharp object.
2. Cut out a square or rectangle around the damaged area using a utility knife.
3. Measure the size of the hole and cut a piece of drywall to fit snugly inside the opening.
4. Place the new piece of drywall into the hole and secure it in place with screws or nails.
5. Apply joint compound around the edges of the new piece of drywall, using a putty knife or other tool to smooth it out.
6. Allow the joint compound to dry completely!
Now comes the fun part…sanding!
The repaired drywall will need to be sanded so that the joints are smooth. This is the hardest part of drywall repair and requires the most skill. If not completed properly then you may find yourself starting from square 1 again.
Let Hodges take the hassle out of repairing your drywall. From start to finish, we’ll handle everything for you so you can focus on what’s important. Plus, our repairs are always backed by a satisfaction guarantee, so you can rest assured knowing the job was done right.
Acworth, Canton, Dallas, Hiram, Kennesaw, Mableton, Marietta, Powder Springs, Smyrna, Vinings, Woodstock